Sunday 26 October 2014

Media Institution

Media Institutions have a large role within the production of a magazine. Their main role is to fund the magazine in order to make it appealing and successful as possible by providing magazines with money. Additionally, media institutions are the people that have the power to approach well known stars into being featured on whatever capacity for their magazine. Media institutions are also the publishers for the magazine as they are responsible for it being shipped and transported into shops nationally and globally.

The media institution that I have chosen for my music magazine is Times Inc. UK. This is because they are responsible for two of the countries biggest music magazines NME and Uncut. Regarded as one of the largest media production companies that the UK have ever seen, the national capacity is a sure win that my magazine will reach a large number of people. Times Inc. is arguably the largest media company in the world who currently reaches over 130 million customers per month.

 The primary genre of music that will influence my magazine is Rock. However, the sub-genre I will include will be Indie/rock which can be considered more easy listening rather than hardcore rock music. This is similar to NME magazine who are represented by Times Inc. UK. My magazine will be targeted towards 16-30 which is a similar age demographic that NME share. NME are renowned for their gender neutral colour scheme which enables them to attract a wider audience. This is something I hope to incorporate within my magazine as I hope for a similar attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment