Thursday 16 October 2014

Focus Group

Focus Group

What is your opinion on the name of the music magazine ‘Oblivion’?

Siena stated, “the name will look good on the magazine and it is original”.

I agree, this is because the name I have chosen hasn’t been narrowly specified to one genre, which will give my magazine a wider appeal.

Emily said, “the name stands out and it draws readers to the magazine”.

I agree with this comment as the name is bold and striking which will alert any reader who is browsing through magazine covers.

What is your opinion on the front cover and the double page spread?

Siena states, “that the use of the clear background will enable the main image to stand out and which links to the double page spread”.

I agree with this statement as she has identified my aim of making sure my image is distinctively clear.

Emily wrote, “The use of the mid shot for the main image will coincide with the double page spread. It will also attract the reader to the main feature.”

Emily has successfully understood my vision of the main image directly linking to my double page spread and that it will relate to my main feature.

What is your opinion on the colour and images that will be used?

Siena said, “The colours selected are appropriately related to the genre of music selected ‘indie/rock’”. She also believes that “it is a clever decision to take inspiration from other existing magazines that feature a similar genre”.

I agree that the colours I have chosen ‘red, white and black’ relate to the genre of music my magazine will focus on. I also agree that my decision in gathering information from other magazines will benefit me into creating the best one I can for my target audience.

Emily stated, “The use of the black, red and white colour scheme links to the genre as it has direct connotations to rock”. She also said “the colours are informing the reader of the content within the magazine which is similar to other magazines.”

I am pleased that my association to rock has been detected, as this is my primary intention with my colour scheme. I agree that the colours used will help inform the reader of the content used, as there is a direct link between specifically red and black to the rock music genre.

Constructive comments you would like to make?

Siena said “To show originality from other magazine, consider using different effects on certain images for purpose such as grey scale.”

I agree with what Siena has commented. I intend to produce a magazine, which is comparable to other magazines of a similar genre. However, my aim is to show originality within my photos to show personality within my magazine.

Emily said “Consider using sell lines on the front cover to hook to the reader in”.


I agree with this, as it is a huge marketing point that I have missed which would otherwise ensure me to create more interest and sales.






No comments:

Post a Comment